Top 5 Extensions to make your Google Chrome Browser experience better
Category : Automation
Why download a browser extension? An extension can save and remember passwords, save a web page, correct your grammar, translate languages on web pages, automatically save you money when purchasing online, and much much more.
The most popular browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox) offer a plugin (similar to an app) to increase their functionality. To access Extensions in Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome Browser on your desktop or laptop.
- Click on the “customize and control” button near the top right-hand corner of your browser. (Three horizontal lines).
- Click “More Tools”
- Then “Extensions”
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Get more Extensions”
- You are now in the Chrome Web Store
From here you can search for Extensions. Below are some favorite extensions:
- Momentum – Replace a new Chrome tab page with a personal dashboard featuring to-do, weather, and inspiration. The pictures are amazing.
- Dashlane – Secure password storage, Autologin on favorite websites, Generate and change passwords in seconds, Autofill forms across the internet, Make online shopping easy with saved credit cards and receipts in your digital wallet.
- Grammarly – Spell check and grammar check as you type online. Boost your credibility everywhere you write!
- Google Translate – View translations easily as you browse the web.
- Honey – Automatically find and apply coupon codes when you shop online!
Don’t forget to save your extensions by clicking in the top right-hand corner and sign into your Google account. This is especially handy if you need to set up a new computer or you are working on multiple computers. The extensions are saved and synced using your Google account. What are some of your favorite extensions?